It's easy to reuse glide data in your chatbot. No need to ask the name or email of your users. Your chatbot can know who is behind the session!
To pass the data from Glide to Joonbot, you can add UTM parameters to your full page link.
For that, you need to change the link you added to your webview component.
Let start from scratch; it will be easier. 😊
1. Go to the "data" section, in your "user" sheet and add a new column with the column type "Construct URL".
2. Go to your Joonbot account, in the "Configure > Share" section. Copy the full page link.
3. Go back to the "data" section in Glide. No need to add "https" in the "protocole" field, but add "page.joonbot.com" in the "host field" and the rest of the URL in the "path" field.
4. Time to add query parameters! Create new parameters names with the pattern "JB_THE_NAME_YOU_WANT" so that Joonbot can recognize they are hidden fields he can reuse. Map them with your user data.
Let's say you need your chatbot to know the name and the email of your user. Here are the query parameters to create. 👇
5. Go to your Glide app and add a "webview" component where you want your Joonbot to appear.
6. In the "link" field, search for the name of the column you just created and select it. It's "iframe" in our case.
7. Let's test it now. Add one of the hidden fields in your first Joonbot block like below. 👇
9. Refresh the Glide page and you are done! 🙌