Installing a Joon chatbot on your website using Google Tag Manager is simple, easy and secure. We created a GTM template for that!
Installing Joonbot with GTM is simple, easy and secure. Here is the process:
1. Go to your GTM account.
2. Go to Tags in the sidebar and click on the New button on the top right of your screen.
3. Click on Tag configuration section, search for Joonbot in the search bar and select it.
4. Go to your Joonbot account, click on the bot you want to add and go to the Configure section.
You will find the widget code that contains the widget id. Copy the widget id only.
5. Go back to your GTM account, click again on Tag Configuration section and paste the widget id in the Widget ID field.
6. Now, click on Triggering section and choose a trigger. You have two possibilities, you can add your bot on all pages or add it on specific pages.
Add Joonbot on all pages
7. Select All pages or add a new trigger by clicking on the plus button on the top right of the screen to choose Window loaded.
Window loaded is better for page speed as it will charge Joon after your page has been completely loaded.
8. Submit and publish changes.
9. You are done! Congrats 🎉🎉🎉🎉
Add Joonbot on specific pages
7. If you want your bot to be on specific pages, then add a new trigger by clicking on the plus button on the top right of the screen.
8. Select Window Loaded and then select Some Window Loaded Events.
It's better for page speed as it will charge Joon after your page has been completely loaded.
9. Now create rules to select only the pages you want Joonbot to appear on.
You can, for example, select the Page Path like in the field below and choose Contains and then add "help" if you want your bot to appear on all help pages.
10. If you don't see Page Path in the list above, go to Variables section, then in Built-in Variables and select Page Path.
11. Submit and publish changes
12. You are done! Congrats 🎉🎉🎉🎉