Zapier is a great tool to help you automate your workflow. You can connect your Joonbot account to Zapier so you can start building zaps to take action automatically.
With Zapier connected to Joonbot, you can automate actions from Joonbot to many apps. In this article, we will show you how to make a zap between Joonbot and Airtable, as an example.
1. Go Zapier website, log in and click on the "Make a Zap" button on the top left of your screen.
2. In the "Choose App & Event" subsection, choose Joonbot App and select "Zapier Block Reached". Click on the "Continue" button.
3. In the "Choose Account" subsection, sign in to your Joonbot account.
If you are already connected to Joonbot elsewhere, you'll just have to click on "Continue as ..." and Zapier will have access to your Joonbot account.
If you are not already connected, you can sign in using Google button or by entering your email and password.
If you have an error using your email and password, it means that you didn't write well your password. You can try again.
After the successful connexion, close the tab and refresh your zap window.
4. In the "Customize Event" subsection, choose the bot you want to connect to Zapier as well as the Zapier block id(s). You can get the block id when you click on the Zapier block in your Joonbot account.
You can create the same Zap for one or several Zapier blocks. If you want the zap to apply to all blocks of your bot, leave the field blank.
5. In the "Find Data" subsection, click on the "Test & continue" button. This test is about checking that Zapier is well connected with Joonbot.
6. Now you will connect the app you want to your bot. In the "choose App & Event" subsection, choose the app and choose the action event, meaning the action you want to be done when the Zapier block is reached.
In this example, we want to create a new record in our bug tracker board.
7. Sign in to your App account and click on the "continue" button.
8. In the "Customize element'" subsection, you will specify which element of your app you want to connect. In this example, we selected our "bug tracker" base and our table "Bugs and issues". We can configure many fields so that the new record will be automatically filled with data collected through the bot. Click on the "Continue" button.
9. In the "Send Data" subsection, click on the "Test & continue" button. Do you have a message with a green background saying that an 'element' was sent?
If yes, you’re done! Congratulations 🎉🎉🎉!
When I create my zap, I don't have one of the questions I have in my bot. How can I use it?
Zapier doesn't update in real time the changes you have made on your bot.
To update the data, go to "Customize Event" and click on "Refresh Fields". Then, reselect your bot and your block id.
You should see on "Data" your question.